Charty Durrant of sustainable Frome talks to Tony Gibson of The Golden Goose about localism. Both Tony and Charty are both highly proactive with sustainable Frome and were keen to help support this fundraising event for The Merlin Theatre organised by Sustainable Frome. The Economics of Happiness is an internationally acclaimed film by Helena Norberg-Hodge, Steven Gorelick & John Page. It a globally shot [...]
Christmas is coming… We hope everyone is busy preparing for christmas. Handmade gifts and decorations seems to be very popular this year and we have enjoyed hearing about all your ideas. We have lots of lovely new fabrics for the new year including the MODA range and a new season of workshops coming up. We [...]
The Little red cafe took their delicious ice cream to this years Lip Smaking Chocolate festival.
It was a bright and fresh Friday morning when no sooner had Truly put out the flower garlands that decorate the window, did a very relaxed Mary Portas walk by and into our new bedroom style shop. Maybe she was lured in by the pink lights and parma violet scents coming from our doorway…? I [...]
TORGOEN Swiss, Professional Pilot watches, now available to purchase within Annette Gabbedey Goldsmiths. The beauty of these watches are the simplicity of the design and precision of the manufacture, all Swiss Made with the assurance of a quality movement. “Our commitment to the highest quality standards is uncompromised in every step of the manufacturing process. [...]
Sunday 4th September: First Sunday of the month has come around again, and its time to visit Somerset’s most exciting markets. Two markets, one day – you lucky things, you! After this Sunday’s markets on 4th Sept, here at Artisan HQ we’re taking a well-earned break so that we can start organising the extra special [...]
Inspired by the rolling hills of Somerset, we create beautiful, rustic & vintage inspired floral designs for every occasion. We use fabulous local & organic flowers where possible, plus, all of our bouquets & their wrappings are 100% biodegradable. Nestled in amongst an array of colourful & scented blooms… ….you will find the Cowshed Lifestyle [...]
Have a listen to our radio show interview….1h 44 mins in. Are you with us on wearing the more comfy fuller brief…? http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00j69nz/Emma_Britton_Cowboy_builders_Olympic_hopefuls_and_most_popular_pants/ We were contacted this week to talk on BBC Radio Somerset about our new Truly Knicker range. As we predicted, the fuller brief is becoming all the more popular over the slow [...]
Annette Gabbedey Goldsmiths has a visitor in her window this month with a visit from Marilyn Monroe’s stunning red dress, just like the one she wore when she sung that famous song ‘diamonds are a girls best friend’… so Annette couldn’t resist making the most of some of her stunning diamond jewellery to flatter the [...]
FromeTV were there for the warm up, the training sessions and to catch the moment when 12 ladies, Fay Goodridge, Zoe Constantine, Briony Walley, Clare Fielden, Debra Wade, Rebecca Coles,Sinead Foley, Liz Andrew, Polly Lamb, Mary Blackwell and Alyson Evans, ”The Ruby Riders” set off to cycle the South Somerset Cycle path to raise £5,000 toward £300K for The Ruby Lambert Trust. Last [...]
- Wedding on the Hill – photos 12. Apr, 2010
- The LIST hits the streets of Frome 31. May, 2010
- The warm glow of late night shopping on the cobbles. 25. Oct, 2010
- Port, punch and poetry at late night shopping. 19. Nov, 2010
- Artisan Market starts again this May & introduces the “Frome Flea”. 30. Mar, 2011
- Economics of happiness 18. Sep, 2012
- Christmas at Millie Moon 01. Dec, 2011
- Little Red Cafe at Chocolate Festival 29. Nov, 2011
- Mary Portas loves Truly Sopel 31. Oct, 2011
- Torgoen Swiss pilot watches at Annette Gabbedey 31. Oct, 2011
- Miranda: Hi there, I'm enquiring whether it would be po...
- Suneith: Sorry, made a mistake. Height of lamp is 23" not 3...
- Suneith: I am running a Spring Draw with PAC Frome and Fia...
- Kathryn Hipkiss: Hello! I usually have a pitch at the art car boot ...
- machine a sous: Amazing! This blog looks exactly like my old one! ...